Administrative & Human Resources Assistant
Located in Wilmington, Ohio, The World Equestrian Center is currently seeking a Full Time Administrative & Human Resources Assistant to join our Team. This position is responsible for performing administrative tasks for the General Manager and Human Resources department.
Our compensation pack consists of medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life, 401k with match, vacation, paid time off, dining and travel discounts, and special offers from our business partners.
Columbus Hospitality is a hands-on company rooted in our President’s personal values of integrity, passion, community, forward thinking and motivation. Our vision of genuine hospitality stems from Midwest values, because every day is an opportunity to make a difference in our guests’ lives.
- Handles correspondence, scheduling and travel arrangements for General Manager.
- Performs routine clerical duties.
- Prepares documents, reports and presentations.
- Manages critical time-sensitive projects as needed.
- Greet and assist all team members in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Respond to team member inquiries regarding Company policies and procedures, serve as a resource person to staff.
- Create new positions in Applicant Tracking System when job requisition is submitted.
- Assists in screening applicants and scheduling interviews.
- Reference checking of all applicants hired.
- Processes background checks.
- Assist with new job offers and new team member paperwork and onboarding, including I-9 form administration.
- Assign time clock badge number and assist new hire with process.
- Coordinates, prepares materials and assists with new team member orientation when needed.
- Coordinate as needed with various team member events such as team member of the month recognition, and all team member meetings, trainings and celebrations.
- Assist new team members with online benefit enrollment.
- Track all training in log and ensure all required training is up to date.
- Adheres to a strict code of confidentiality.
- Manages the non-exempt personnel files to include daily filing.
- Maintain and update team member bulletin boards.
- Have complete knowledge of all policies, standards and procedures of the department.
- Be familiar with location services, amenities, and outlets.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Available for work assignments outside of team member’s customary work schedule. This may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Adherence to all safety rules and regulations.
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures as described and communicated by management.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- May be asked to assist with various guest / owner events that take place during the day, evenings or occasional weekends.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years human resources experience in benefits, recruitment, training and employee relations.
- Previous office and clerical support preferred.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handling multiple duties.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Friendly and personable.
- Equine experience preferred.
The World Equestrian Center, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.