The World Equestrian Center is seeking a Content Specialist to write and develop content in support of our horse shows and our marketing efforts.
- Writing for our weekly newsletters, press releases, email blasts, social media campaigns, advertising and direct marketing efforts as well as our quarterly magazine.
- May handle more advanced tasks like preparing ad copy, technical writing, or explainer/video scripts.
- A background in marketing, search optimization, journalism, business, and the equestrian industry are helpful.
- Your writing should get our audiences motivated and engaged with our brand through our marketing collateral, magazine and website in addition to social media platforms.
- You must have extensive equine/equestrian industry writing experience.
- We’re seeking an easy-to-understand writing style that gets our point across without sounding too serious.
- Writing must promote our mission and be family friendly.
- We want to make sure that the content is inclusive to everyone.
- The writing should include best practices in search optimization. We will be relying on your expertise in this area.
- Must excel in a fast-paced work environment that often changes.
- Experience working with marketing/advertising agency helpful.
There are a number of different tasks that the content specialist / copywriter will tackle for World Equestrian Center:
- Press releases
- Blogs and news articles
- Horse show results / Circuit recaps
- Editorial content for World Equestrian Center Magazine
- Social media posts
- E-blast content
- Joint promotions with Sponsors / Vendors
- Promotional materials
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary (commensurate with experience and skills), medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life, 401k with match, vacation, PTO after 90 days, dining and travel discounts, special offers from our business partners, and discount programs for selected cell phone providers.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write better material.
- Detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines
- Must have experience with USEF and USHJA sanctioned and unrated Hunter / Jumper horse shows and have knowledge of other equestrian related sports.
- Knowledge of standard writing practices, basic design fundamentals, web optimization, and digital content management systems; follow guidelines, and communicate with marketing team members.
- Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, mass communications or English and relevant work experience required.
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.